tiles-users mailing list archives

From Ray Clough <rcclo...@kamakuraco.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2 and MyFaces example
Date Fri, 29 Jun 2007 23:40:14 GMT
The Shale site has a file "ShaleTiles" which does not require Shale to
run, in fact it is JSF implementation neutral.  That is how we do Tiles
with MyFaces.  Unfortunately the version available on the Shale site
uses a really old version of Tiles2.  What we had to do was get the
source code for the ShaleTiles project and modify it to use the new
paths/methods/etc for the later Tiles version.  I'm sure there are other
solutions, but that was pretty easy, just took a 1 or 2 hours of time to
do.  We were not particularly expert in the Tiles code base, but there
is really only one Java file with 2 methods.

Ray Clough
Software Development
The Kamakura Corporation
2222 Kalakaua Avenue 14th Floor, Honolulu, HI  96815
Phone: 1.808.791.9888 x 8532 Fax: 1.808.791.9898
Email: rcclough@kamakuraco.com Web: www.kamakuraco.com