tiles-users mailing list archives

From "Greg Reddin" <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with Tiles 2.0.3 and Jetty 5.1.12
Date Thu, 31 May 2007 21:53:26 GMT
On 5/29/07, Al Sutton <a.sutton@enterprisedatasafe.net> wrote:

> Caused by: java.lang.IllegalAccessException: Class
> org.apache.tiles.factory.TilesContainerFactory can not access a member of
> class org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Context with modifiers
> "public"

This part of the exception seems to indicate that Tiles cannot call the
method ServletContext.getInitParameterNames(). See the code below from
TilesContextFactory:

            Method method = contextClass.getMethod("getInitParameterNames");
            Enumeration<String> e = (Enumeration<String>) method
                    .invoke(context);

The "invoke(context)" call is where the IllegalAccessException is being
thrown. It sure seems like Jetty's ServletContext object should have a
getParameterNames() method on it. I can't imagine why that wouldn't work.