tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Brett Ryan <brett.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bump Tiles to build with minimum JDK 1.8 ?
Date Wed, 06 Sep 2017 13:03:35 GMT
I still tend to disagree. Like the rise and fall of many new technologies, tiles is still my
go to for new web projects. It still handles templated composition better than any other facility
available. People confuse frontend technologies like angular as a replacement for tiles instead
of something to be complimented.

Tiles + knockoutjs will be my goto allowing modern frontend composition that's not locking
me in to anything.

It's my opinion tiles gained some popularity with spring/mvc, but since their direction has
been changing and not promoting tiles, unfortunately newcomers just don't get the exposure.

Again, my opinion, but spring (boot) is too concerned about creating a "standard" model without
any effort, tiles while requiring minimal configuration, still requires thought on the developers
part which is why they have lost favour of tiles.