tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Timothy Astle <timothy.as...@caris.com>
Subject BasicTilesContainerFactory - Thoughts on allowing for more flexible pathing to find the tiles.xml?
Date Wed, 21 Oct 2015 11:17:00 GMT
Hi all,

We're updating from Tiles 2 to Tiles 3 in our web applications.  We only
need the minimal Tiles configuration, so the SimpleTilesListener is
almost ideal.  However, I'm finding the "/WEB-INF/tiles.xml" pathing a
bit restrictive.  The restrictive name is not causing an issue.

We historically left the tiles-def.xml in the classpath.  Our
tiles-def.xml needs to have some preprocessing done (tweak some paths)
and it was really clean to just have the resources plugin do that as it
moves it from the Maven src/main/resources to the
target/<webapp>/WEB-INF/classes.  We looked at a few other workarounds,
but some options were less than ideal, and involved tweaking the
Deployment Assembly in Eclipse (another thing we want to avoid).

So to recap, the reason I'm writing this email is to see if anyone would
be receptive to the idea of making that path more flexible? For now,
we'll just be extending the BasicTilesContainerFactory. But it wouldn't
take much effort to issue a pull request to pick up the improvement if
you are open to it.

Does anyone have any thoughts?

Tim