tiles-dev mailing list archives

From mck <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [ANNOUNCE] Tiles Request 1.0.4 test build available
Date Mon, 28 Apr 2014 06:53:17 GMT

> I like the way you cleaned up the code, however I'd like to do two
things before I vote:

 ping.ave you any time to look into this so we can progress on the
release?

> - test if there's a warning message when the file name contains no underscore.

If the filename contains no underscore then prefixIndex is -1 and locale
becomes Locale.ROOT (see PostfixedApplicationResource)

This is verified with PostfixedApplicationResourceTest.

> - check if somehow Tiles rely on the file name matching the locale name exactly. In that
case, the "closest
> available locale" solution would be a problem in itself. I'd like especially to look
for calls to PostfixedApplicationResource(String,Locale).

Anywhere you look for a resource and manually specify the locale then
the underscore in the resource name has no meaning.
I understand your concern of the mismatch between a manually specified
locale in one place and then a lookup and closest match in another
place, but i cannot see where this would be done or in what way it's a
problem.

~mck