tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject REPORT: Apache Tiles
Date Mon, 17 Jun 2013 15:51:42 GMT
General:

Apache Tiles is a templating framework built to simplify the development of
web
application user interfaces.

Once again, the Tiles community has stepped up and shown some signs of life
just when I was ready to call it done. This quarter has shown some continued
activity around releases. Questions continue to trickle into the users list
and
they generally get responses within a day or two. Progress is slow, but I'm
comfortable continuing to work with a slow-moving project as long as the
Apache
Board is willing to continue with it. The community is responsive even
though
new development seems to be happening at a snail's pace. I think Tiles
still has
a significant user base within the Spring community. Our challenge would be
figure out how to get more of those users involved in the project.

Releases:

This quarter the Tiles PMC made two releases: We released version 5 of the
master POM with a quality of GA. We also released version 1.0.3 of the Tiles
Request library with a quality of Beta.

Community:

There have been no changes to the Tiles community in this quarter. The last
addition to the PMC was in April, 2012.