tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Tiles Future Again
Date Fri, 15 Mar 2013 21:40:01 GMT
I just submitted the following report for this month's board checkin. As
you can see I mentioned the fact that activity has been very low. At this
point I think we need to consider whether Tiles has a future at Apache.
What do you guys think? Should we try to re-kickstart the project or retire
it? Do any of you have serious plans for Tiles in the future?

Thanks,
Greg

Board Report:

Apache Tiles is a templating framework built to simplify the development of
web
application user interfaces.

Over the last couple of quarters it seems that Tiles has started to
stagnate
again. It's probably time to discuss retirement again, so I will get that
discussion started and report on it again in the future. There has been a
small
amount of discussion on various mailing lists, but not nearly enough to say
that
the project is moving forward at this time. I'll check with the PMC and see
if
they see that changing any time soon.