tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tiles-request-servlet-wildcard dependency
Date Sat, 29 Dec 2012 20:59:46 GMT

> >> People who want spring resource loading in tiles might as well
> >> just use spring-webmvc-3.2 instead.
> >>

> >> Any objection Nicolas if i go ahead with these changes to tiles-request-servlet-wildcard
?
> >>  - deprecate tiles-request-servlet-wildcard,
> >>  - deprecate WildcardServletApplicationContext
> >>  - make WildcardServletApplicationContext an empty subclass of SpringWildcardServletTilesApplicationContext

> That looks very similar to my own plan. Actually I'm sure I've already
> done something similar in my unmerged changes.
>
> For Tiles 3.1 I'd like to separate concerns inside the
> ApplicationContext facade: storing attributes on one side and locating
> resources on the other. See TREQ-17 and
> https://github.com/nlebas/tiles-request/blob/master/tiles-request-api/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/request/AbstractApplicationContext.java.

+1
very nice.

> Concerning WildcardServletApplicationContext itself, this is my current
> plan:
> https://github.com/nlebas/tiles-request/blob/master/tiles-request-servlet-wildcard/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/request/servlet/wildcard/WildcardServletApplicationContext.java

Where is SpringResourceLocator?
And why not use it to make 1) WildcardServletApplicationContext super
short and simple and 2) the same code we're asking others to migrate to?

eg
https://github.com/michaelsembwever/tiles-request/blob/0403f48809d7b59e5829a03cecafa103298cbeae/tiles-request-servlet-wildcard/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/request/servlet/wildcard/WildcardServletApplicationContext.java

(same q applies on WildcardPortletApplicationContext).

~mck

--
"The shortest and surest way to live with honour in the world is to be
in reality what we appear to be." Socrates

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |