tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REPORT: Apache Tiles
Date Tue, 11 Sep 2012 14:02:18 GMT
I meant to send this to dev@ instead of private@.

Please let me know if I missed or misstated anything. Unfortunately,
I've been too slammed at work and at home to be able to follow the
project very much. I have been pleased with our progress over the last
couple of months though.

There is one item we need to resolve that has a deadline. Infra is no
longer going to support our method of hosting the site. They are
moving to a svnpubsub model. They also have a CMS system that we might
find useful. There are a couple of other projects who have figured out
how to continue to host their Maven-generated sites under the
svnpubsub model, but I haven't seen enough of the details to figure
out how to do it.

Infra will stop supporting the current site model January 1, 2013. But
we really need to have ours converted sooner. Infra wants to spend the
last part of 2012 working on bringing Apache's native git support up
to speed so we may not be able to rely on them to help us out at the
last minute. So... I plan to do some more research and propose a way
forward in the next couple of weeks. Let me know if you have any
thoughts.

Greg