tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Mck <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Implementing Tiles Request (2/3): Calling an alien API
Date Tue, 04 Sep 2012 07:43:43 GMT

> > Maybe i'm blind
> Wow wow wow...

;)
just a friendly way to ask if i was missing something...

> Could you explain a bit? Is this about replacing a part of the web page
> dynamically after an AJAX call, for instance?

Yes.

> And/or about implementing
> a tiles-like framework on the client side? Could you provide a basic
> example?

On the client side you can override how the loading of partials works,
and implement lambdas yourself in javascript.

So a mustache template renders either on the server or the client.
The idea then could be to write two new autotag implementations, one for
Google Functions (which mustache server uses), and one for javascript.

Whether the javascript implementation is built upon the autotag or is
just a standalone library mimicing what's needed i'm still unsure of.
The javascript library will require certain URLs against the server.
Like give me a template, give me a Definition/AttributeContext, etc. In
practice we will also want to bundle much of this all into one URL so
the client-side tiles doesn't become too chatty. Of course this these
URLs must be implemented by all from scratch even if we can provide good
example and/or helper classes/servlets.

~mck