tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: Inconsistencies between the poms and the release process.
Date Mon, 07 May 2012 19:58:08 GMT
On 12-05-07 03:22 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:
> On Mon, 2012-05-07 at 12:51 -0400, Nicolas LE BAS wrote:
>> It would be great if a JIRA expert
>> could explain, otherwise I'll just test it soon.
>
> Just test i ;-) it's pretty straight forward.
> Under https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TILES
> go Versions ->  Manage Versions ->  "3.0.0" ->  Release.
>
> (Archive is when a version is "gone", that is it doesn't even make sense
> to report bugs against such a version).
>
>>     IMHO here's what should happen at this stage:
>>     * close all issues that are marked as "fixed in this version".
>>     * make it impossible to use this version in the "fixed in version"
>> field for open issues.
>
> Yes, although i'm unsure of the latter. It makes sense only when the
> issue's resolution is "fixed". But what about "duplicate" and "won't
> fix" etc? And maybe this happens anyway when you release the version?

That is basically the question I've been asking above: What happens
behind the scenes when you release a version? And that's what I wanted
to test :)

> I'm unsure too as to what has actually changed for the 3.0 site from
> before the release to now after the release:perform?

First of all, the version is now 3.0.0 and not 3.0.0-SNAPSHOT. Or are
you asking about the actual diffs in the docs? Those can be seen only in
svn...

>> Additionally, since some of the web sites have been published during mvn
>> release:perform, should I publish the rest by hand right now and provide
>> a consistent web site to our users?
>
> I'm not following, what do you mean?

Just a few things that are inconsistent:
- the site tiles-autotag/ was not deployed for some reason (possibly
because there is no assembly project, the need for assemblies is not
obvious because tiles-autotag is used from maven).
- linkcheck didn't happen (I didn't activate the profile during mvn
release, didn't expect the site to be actually deployed at that stage).
- tiles-autotag and tiles-request are not accessible from the main web
site, we need to deploy the main web site for this.