tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Grant license via github forks... [WAS: Support for Mustache]
Date Sun, 19 Feb 2012 13:04:05 GMT
On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 6:43 AM, Mick Semb Wever <mck@apache.org> wrote:
> Good point. Up until now my commits have been my done in my free time.
> But this work comes more under company time so it's time that I sign a
> Corp CLA. Morten might as well put his name on the same form.
>
> Just to check... is it correct that once this Corp CLA is signed and
> processed that all future github pull requests from Morten can be
> accepted without manual patches into Jira?

I don't think that's entirely right.  The CCLA is optional, it's there
to explicitly state that the company is allowing the employees to
contribute work that the company might otherwise claim ownership of.

The person signing the iCLA already asserts that s/he either owns or
has permission to contribute the work.  Likewise the committer who
adds it to ASF source control must make clear where it came from.

Can someone run this by the group at the ASF that has been working
with GIT for a while and see how other projects are handling this?

[For the 20-line patch/new class that started all this... an iCLA from
the author and an attachment in JIRA with the checkbox would be the
quickest way to get it accepted while you sort out how pull requests
should be handled.]

--
Wendy