tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: 3.0.0_BETA: TODO
Date Wed, 29 Feb 2012 22:10:46 GMT
On 12-02-17 04:54 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:
> So if we agree the todo list currently stands at
>
> A) package javadoc
> B) remove ContextResolver
> D) replace URLs with "ApplicationResource"
> E) minimal tiles-3 documentation
> F) MustacheRenderer

A - committed for request-api, some more to do
B - in progress
D - in progress, undergoing review
E - needs more detail and a minimalistic approach
F - in progress, awaiting paperwork

So I've been trying to look at our needs for documentation, and here are
my findings so far:
- I'm having a hard time running "mvn clean site:stage" and have all the
reports available. Some checkstyle and emma reports are missing, and jxr
reports are generated but not staged. Perhaps I'm not doing it right...
but I guess this would be our first task.
- tiles-eval is not used anywhere in tiles, yet. Should we finish
migrating Tiles to that API (doesn't seem difficult), or should we
exclude it from the scope of tiles-3?
- One aspect of the documentation is the javadoc. I think we should at
least satisfy the checkstyle warnings about missing javadoc (except for
missing package-info.java in src/test). Some of it is grossly obsolete,
too, like org.apache.tiles.package-info.java still refering to struts-tiles.
- Another aspect is the web site, with 2 kinds of documentation: dev and
user. Dev doc needs to account for the new spin-off projects autotag and
request, as well as minor updates (Java 6.0...). User doc should need
some writing for new "request" and "autotag" projects, and only a simple
review for the main "framework" project.
- updating tiles-showcase: have we even had a look at it?

Nick.