tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: 3.0.0_BETA: TODO
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 22:17:02 GMT
On 12-02-17 04:54 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:
> F. I'd like to add accepting Morten's patch for a MustacheRenderer.
> https://github.com/apache/tiles/pull/1

In 3.0 ? Ok... I like the idea of supporting Mustache anyway.

I've got a number of renderers and a integration with spring to
contribute, too, but I think I'll wait until 3.1. There are still a few
disappointing bugs in some situations, I don't want to delay the release
for that.

> Introducing client-side templates into the tiles framework i think is an
> important step forward into where technologies are moving today...
> The front end guys (+girls) are all too often off in javascript and busy
> in just the client-side world, and this is one audience where tiles
> needs to be well accepted.

I think this goes beyond the scope of 3.0. We're too far from it right
now, unless I've missed something, but I'd happily discuss this in
another thread. We'll need to be more specific, however; how may tiles
help with client-side templates?

Nick