tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Nicolas LE BAS <m...@nlebas.net>
Subject Re: tiles 2.2.2 Too many file handles open exception
Date Fri, 10 Feb 2012 16:32:48 GMT
On 12-02-09 12:15 PM, Gordon Child wrote:
> Hello,
> Thank you for your work on this project.  I recently had issues with tiles2.2.2.  It
only manifests when using refreshable tiles context.  I kept receiving an exception indicating
"too many files open".  After hunting for a while I believe I found a fix.

> The problem was that BaseLocaleUrlDefinitionDAO was opening a "URLConnection" (really
a FileURLConnection) and never closing it.  As a result I had some files that were being opened
up to 39 times shortly after the application was launched.

> The attached patch fixed it for me.  I went from having up to 2300 files open to having
a consistent 630 files open.

> Thank you,
> Gordon Child

Hello Gordon,
Thanks for identifying this issue, but for some reason the attachement
didn't come through to the list. Could you maybe open a JIRA issue for
it: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TILES

Thanks,
Nick