tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: 3.0.0_BETA: TODO
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 23:40:26 GMT
On Fri, 2012-02-17 at 17:17 -0500, Nicolas LE BAS wrote:
> On 12-02-17 04:54 PM, Mick Semb Wever wrote:
> > F. I'd like to add accepting Morten's patch for a MustacheRenderer.
> > https://github.com/apache/tiles/pull/1
>
> In 3.0 ? Ok... I like the idea of supporting Mustache anyway.

That's including the improvements you requested.
Morten is moving very quickly with this (it's going into production next
thursday) so i see it as the smallest thing on the todo list.

> I've got a number of renderers and a integration with spring to
> contribute, too, but I think I'll wait until 3.1.

xlnt. great to see tiles-request coming into play more.

> > Introducing client-side templates into the tiles framework i think is an
> > important step forward into where technologies are moving today...
> > The front end guys (+girls) are all too often off in javascript and busy
> > in just the client-side world, and this is one audience where tiles
> > needs to be well accepted.
>
> I think this goes beyond the scope of 3.0.

Yes indeed. I did not mean this as a suggestion for 3.0 :-)
Was just saying i'd like to accept the MustacheRenderer as it's lead-in
and teaser to this potential.

~mck

--
"When you say: "I wrote a program that crashed Windows", people just
stare at you blankly and say: "Hey, I got those with the system -- for

| http://github.com/finn-no | http://tech.finn.no |