tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Mick Semb Wever <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: tiles 2.2.2 Too many file handles open exception
Date Fri, 17 Feb 2012 21:55:27 GMT

> ...but I'd still
> like to fix them at some point in the future. That would involve
> replacing the URLs by a "ApplicationResource" abstraction. That would
> help providing a clean solution to Gordon's issue, and encapsulate the
> naming conventions we use for internationalization. This new interface
> would have to go into tiles-request-api, because it is created by
> ApplicationContext.getResource(...).
>
> I think I'll create a JIRA issue for that. I wonder about when to fix
> it. What do you think?

I agree. Particular where the code uses a Set<URL> i've been concerned
before about.
http://michaelscharf.blogspot.com/2006/11/javaneturlequals-and-hashcode-make.html

Even if this typically a problem for us it raises alarm bells for me.
The idea of a ApplicationResource would be a smart investment to
immediately tackle imo.

~mck

--
"We all may have come on different ships, but we’re in the same boat
now." Martin Luther King. Jr.

| http://tech.finn.no | http://github.com/finn-no |