tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Reddin <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Merge dev and issues mailing lists together?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 17:49:15 GMT
On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:24 AM, Mck <mck@apache.org> wrote:
> The traffic to these lists are quite small.
> Would it make sense to merge them together (by sending issue mails to
> dev@tiles.apache.org)?
> I find following these lists, for all practical purposes, largely one
> and the same.
>
> I'm presuming this is just a change in jira admin...

I believe we can set up our mailing lists pretty much however we want
to. But I'd be -0 for merging the two. I think the idea of separating
them is to make the conversation on dev@ easier to follow. If it's
intermixed with a bunch of JIRA and svn spam it will be harder to
follow the conversation.

I use Gmail and send issues/commits to a separate "folder" than dev.
I've missed a few things along the way but I've mostly found it easier
to follow.

Also, the issues@ list should be set up so that you can't post to it -
only Jira and svn can. But I hope the Jira and commit emails are set
up to reply-to the dev lists. That way you can discuss an issue or
commit on the list.

Just my thoughts.
Greg