tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Mck <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Merge dev and issues mailing lists together?
Date Thu, 20 Oct 2011 09:56:06 GMT
On Thu, 2011-10-20 at 11:29 +0200, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> > I find following these lists, for all practical purposes, largely one
> > and the same.
> >

> What would the benefit be, with the exception of saving time to the lazy
> developer that does not want to subscribe to yet another mailing list?

Overview.
I find the activity largely the same and it easier to maintain an
overview of the development in progress.
Having to switch between two lists is cumbersome (i use gmane rather
than subscribing manually) and it becomes easy to fall behind in one
list and have important things slip by.

The need to separate them becomes more obvious only as traffic
increases.

This feeling is an old one which was discussed many years ago in Scarab
http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.java.scarab.user/6437/focus=6438

~mck