tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles Future
Date Wed, 08 Dec 2010 19:13:38 GMT
Hi all
I agree perfectly with you about the death of Tiles... at Apache!
Lots of people is using it in Spring projects (Mck is an example, but
at work we're using it too, together with Spring MVC and Webflow).
So, I think that Tiles might have a better future as a Spring
subproject. I have a few friends who work as Spring committers and
they can help me on moving it.
The other option is being myself becoming PMC chair, but I don't know
if it is possible for a person who will probably never go to the USA
in his life (well, probably for holidays :-D ). The other problem is
that the only active committers will be myself and, probably, Mick.
Google code forking is feasible, but I'd prefer moving it to Spring.

WDYT?
Antonio