tiles-dev mailing list archives

From mck <...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiles Future
Date Fri, 10 Dec 2010 19:03:13 GMT
> The bigger question that I think we need to address in the upcoming
> board report, though, is whether we believe the Tiles project itself
> should continue.

I see Tiles as a stable product.
What i see within the horizon:
 - development from Antonio's in sandbox, some great stuff that i hope
to test (and vote for a merge to trunk) soon,
 - anything seen useful (eg the fallback pattern) from the article
merged in,
 - a plugin for automated esi:inline demarcation of attributes,
currently in discussion with Varnish software whether they are
interested in implementing esi:inlines in varnish, more information
expected 2011Q2.

I haven't been so active as our use of Tiles is still "in migration" and
the Tiles code itself works stable and fast as expected.

While it seems obvious that Tiles is stablised/stablising as a product,
i don't see the point in all the work in migrating it to another place
just because the commit rate is dropping... On the other hand if this is
a requirement by Apache then what choice have we? In that case i hope
Spring could accept it.

~mck

--
"Only those who risk going too far can possibly know how far they can
really go." T.S. Eliot