tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject [tiles3] More subprojects to achieve "universality"
Date Sat, 28 Aug 2010 17:45:32 GMT
Hi all
During this holiday, sometimes I had time to think about Tiles 3 (when
you leave your mind wandering around, usually some ideas come out...).
I think that Tiles can have more "spin offs", besides tiles-request
and autotag. In particular:

1. Universal render
If you take a look at AttributeRender, you will notice that, under the
same interface, we uniformed the rendering of a path independently to
the particular technology.
Yes, AttributeRenderer.render wants an attribute, but currently every
written implementations uses a string, i.e. a path (even
DefinitionAttributeRender renders a path, i.e. the definition name).

2. Universal expression evaluation
In this case, the main interface is AttributeEvaluator, but even in
this case we have a single interface and only string expressions are
evaluated (not complete attributes). In this case, the situation is a
bit explicit, because we have two "evaluate" methods (one for
Attribute, one for String), but the AbstractAttributeEvaluator class
(that is the base class of any currently written implementation)
redirects the attribute evaluation to the other method.

If we could extract these capabilities to separate projects, they
would be useful even for non Tiles users.

WDYT?

Antonio