tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Tiles-master 2 Release Quality
Date Wed, 05 May 2010 08:07:33 GMT
2010/5/4 Mck <mick@semb.wever.org>:
> But when running
>  mvn release:prepare -Dusername=YOUR_SVN_USER -Dpassword=YOUR_SVN_PASSWORD
> it hangs at
>> [INFO] [gpg:sign {execution: default}]
> I've tried adding the options -Dgpg.keyname and -Dgpg.passphrase but no
> matter what it seems to hang.

Try using the -Darguments parameter:
-Darguments="-Dgpg.keyname=.... -Dgpg.passphrase=..."
This way the arguments go to the inner build process.
If you don't like it, you can try using the "release" profile and
configure it in your settings.xml. I am not sure it is available with
no additional configuration. If not, try with the
-Darguments="-Prelease" trick.

> I'm confused as i thought the gpg signing was manually done under the
> section "Digest and upload assemblies".

Not only there. Signing is made to Maven artifacts too, and uploaded
to the repository.

> Is this something introduced because tiles-master now inherits from
>> <parent>
>>       <groupId>org.apache</groupId>
>>       <artifactId>apache</artifactId>
>>       <version>7</version>
>>    </parent>
> ?

I don't think so. I'm not sure but I think it's used by the release
plugin by default.

*** I noticed that I forgot something. ***
1. You need to use "release:stage" instead of "release:perform". This
way, after staging, the move to the release repository is a matter of
copying files.
2. Probably tiles-master does not have all the configuration set. For
example, the repository part should be:

<repository>
            <id>apache.releases</id>
            <name>Apache Release repository</name>
            <url>scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository/</url>
</repository>

as in the tiles-parent pom in trunk.
The release plugin should be configured accordingly:

<plugin>
                <artifactId>maven-release-plugin</artifactId>
                <version>2.0</version>
                <configuration>

<stagingRepository>scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/builds/tiles-master/${pom.version}/m2-staging-repository</stagingRepository>
                    <releaseProfiles>release</releaseProfiles>
                </configuration>
</plugin>

Thanks
Antonio