tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Ideas about Tiles 2.2.2 release
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 11:58:43 GMT
2010/4/16 Mck <mick@semb.wever.org>:
> On Thu, 2010-04-15 at 21:05 +0200, Antonio Petrelli wrote:
>> Thanks to the help of the almost-new committer Mck SembWever, Tiles
>> 2.2.2 can be released.
>> However I would like to wait until Velocity Tools 2.0 is released,
>> since the vote thread is about to start.
>
> If Velocity Tools 2.0 release is just around the corner then absolutely!
> Is this the voting thread you mean?
>  http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/velocity-dev/201004.mbox/%3Cw2u4d651da51004121148h5011f368o9412d5144ae903fa@mail.gmail.com%3E

It's only an announcement of the availability of a test build. The
voting thread has not yet started.
I tried it, it's ok with Tiles 2.2.2-SNAPSHOT

> I'm keen to make this release, according to
> http://tiles.apache.org/framework/dev/release.html , to learn how to!

Cool! But you have to wait until you become a committer.
Notice that this guideline is slightly outdated:
1. keys should be created using these new guidelines:
http://www.apache.org/dev/openpgp.html
2. use "release:stage" instead of "release:perform". This way, you can
jump the use of the Stage Maven plugin (after the vote) and copy the
directory structure in the moain repository, without changes.

> If we can co-ordinate a time, eg an european ~evening, so i can ask
> questions if i get stuck that could be appreciated :-)

I am in Italy so probably my time zone is similar to yours. I spend
very little time online when I am at home, though.
Anyway, if you need it, my Googletalk contact is my email address.

Ciao
Antonio