tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Velocity support: I was completely wrong
Date Sat, 16 Jan 2010 19:07:50 GMT
Hi all
this is a rant against myself :-D
I just discovered that I did the Velocity support in the wrong way,
since I somewhat forced the concept of Tool in Velocity to become a
tag.
In fact, I noticed that the best way to write the corresponding
concept of tag in Velocity into custom *directives*. For this reason I
opened this issue:
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-490

Note that the VelocityStyleTilesTool is ok, since it is a *real* tool:
http://tiles.apache.org/framework/apidocs/org/apache/tiles/velocity/template/VelocityStyleTilesTool.html

Now the question is: what should we do with the "Tiles2Tool" that is a
chimera between a tool and a tag?
http://tiles.apache.org/framework/apidocs/org/apache/tiles/velocity/template/Tiles2Tool.html

IMHO the best thing to do is to delete it, though we released a beta
version of the 2.2 series.

What do you think?

Antonio