tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Strange effect on JSP and FreeMarker support
Date Fri, 20 Feb 2009 13:16:50 GMT
Hi all
This is not a problem, but a strange effect that I noticed when I
developed FreeMarker support and refactored JSP support.
I created a new module called "tiles-template" that contains all the
common code between JSP and FreeMarker. It is real "common code"
because, with few exception (namely InsertContainerTag,
SetCurrentContainerTag, DestroyContainerTag) all the
technology-specific code is essentially an "interface" to the
"tiles-template" code.
In other words, JSP tags attributes and FreeMarker parameters (in the
parameters map) are converted into parameters of the "tiles-template"
classes, that are simple stateless POJOs with lots of parameters.

In other words, Tiles JSP tags and FreeMarker directives have *zero*
logic (considering the exceptions above).
I hope that this effect will be observed when developing the Velocity
support, because this will mean that tags/directives can be generated
automatically in some way. Intriguing IMHO :-)

Thoughts?

Ciao
Antonio