tiles-dev mailing list archives

From Oleg Gorobets <oleg.g...@gmail.com>
Subject Attribute names in tiles 2.1
Date Wed, 01 Oct 2008 16:32:29 GMT
Hello all,

I've noticed that in new tiles 2.1 name is deprecated in Attribute
class. I'm trying to figure out the reasons why this decision was made..

We are constructing a portal solution based on tiles and probably many
other developers do the same thing. The key point here is being able to
handle attribute rendering and track their names (which currently serve
like window ids for portlets). I really appreciate adding attribute
renderers in 2.1 however I think that attribute renderer should be aware
of all attribute features. I guess the logic here should be the
following: the "renderer" should know everything of the object it
renders. What do you think about this? If you have other points on this
please let me know.

Sincerely,
Oleg Gorobets