tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Reddin" <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release of Tiles 2.1.0?
Date Mon, 14 Jul 2008 18:32:07 GMT
On Mon, Jul 14, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> And I would like to have fixed for the GA release only the one about
> the documentation move:
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-284
> and the Velocity support module:
> https://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-170
> The other three could be postponed, since they do not seem so "useful".

I agree the doc move is probably the only one that is a showstopper.
The Velocity one could be postponed if it needs to, but if you think
we can get it into a 2.1.0, then I'm ok with it.

I also agree the rest can wait - and still might make it before we
reach a GA. Who knows?

> So the first step, IMHO, is to release an alpha/beta version of Tiles
> 2.1 so people can play with it and give their impression.
> Notice that the documentation is incomplete, since the new features
> are totally undocumented.

I think this sounds like a good approach.

Greg