tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Commons chain?
Date Sun, 29 Jun 2008 15:12:40 GMT
2008/6/25 Greg Reddin <gredbug@gmail.com>:
> On Tue, Jun 24, 2008 at 1:53 PM, Antonio Petrelli
> <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I was thinking about including Commons Chain in Tiles 2.1. In
>> particular, it will be useful for:
>> - replacing ChainedTilesContextFactory, that is, in fact a CoR object;
>> - using multiple chained DefinitionDao, for example to try to load
>> first from definition URL, then from patterned (with wildcard)
>> definition, then from a db.
>> - for view preparers, where they can be "commands" of Commons Chain.
>
> I agree on all points. I use chain quite a lot and find it very
> useful. Maybe it's something I can actually help with :-)

Thinking on it a second time, I think that the introduction of Commons
Chain could be done in a Tiles 3.0 version, so we can use the chain in
every aspect of the process.
IMO I see currently Tiles 2.1 as Tiles 2.0 with more features.
Introducing Chain will change how definitions are got and used.

Antonio