tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Reddin" <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r637434 [1/2] - in /tiles/framework/trunk: tiles-api/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/ tiles-api/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/access/ tiles-api/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/mgmt/ tiles-api/src/test/java/org/apache/tiles/access/ tile
Date Mon, 17 Mar 2008 14:53:38 GMT
On Sat, Mar 15, 2008 at 10:48 AM,  <apetrelli@apache.org> wrote:
>  Log:
>  TILES-253
>  Reorganized exceptions: now TilesException is a RuntimeException.
>  Created new specific exceptions.

I haven't had time to fully investigate this, so I apologize if I
misunderstand. But I'm not real comfortable with the idea of
completely removing checked exceptions and making everything a runtime
exception. I understand the need to support runtime exceptions and am
not opposed to creating a TilesRuntimeException or something of the
like, but it seems like maybe there are still parts of the API that
might need to declare checked exceptions.

What are your thoughts on that? And does anyone else have any thoughts about it?

Thanks,
Greg