tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2.1.0 new features plan
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:22:53 GMT
2008/2/27, Greg Reddin <gredbug@gmail.com>:

> On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Antonio Petrelli
> <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >  1. Cascaded attributes: with a flag, the attributes in a definition
> >  can be used by all the nested definitions/templates (implemented).
>

> I was about to ask a stupid question when I realized you said "nested"
> definitions/templates not "inherited" definitions/templates.
> Attributes already cascade to inherited definitions don't they?

No, they are limited to the definition in which they are put.

>  6. DB-based definitions factory: for those who need a memory-efficient
> >  definitions factory that loads only needed definitions.
>

> +1 for both of the above. On the DB factory, do you have any thoughts
> as to how to configure that? IOW, would you go with JPA, straight
> JDBC, or what?

I think that we should stay technology-agnostic, so a plain DAO should do
the trick, for example, an object that has a "getDefinitionByName" method,
implemented with plain JDBC, JPA, etc.

Sorry I haven't checked, but did you create a svn branch for 2_0
> before making these changes? If not I think that would be a very good
> idea in case we need to release a 2.0.6.

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/framework/trunk/
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/framework/branches/TILES_2_0_X/

Thanks for the feedback
Antonio