tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Tiles 2.1.0 new features plan
Date Tue, 26 Feb 2008 19:17:42 GMT
Hi all,
Since Tiles 2.0.5 is pretty stable, I am concentrating on Tiles 2.1.0
by adding some features:

1. Cascaded attributes: with a flag, the attributes in a definition
can be used by all the nested definitions/templates (implemented).
2. Attribute renderers: the rendering should not be based on a type,
but on a renderer. Therefore there should be a renderer for a string,
a template and a definition (implemented).
3. Nested definitions: a definition can have an attribute whose value
is a nested definition, valid only inside the definition itself (I am
implementing it).
4. EL support: attributes can load their values using EL expressions.
5. Refactoring of Tiles objects to allow pure-Java configuration.
6. DB-based definitions factory: for those who need a memory-efficient
definitions factory that loads only needed definitions.

Let me know your thoughts.

Ciao
Antonio