tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Attribute-level extension point
Date Wed, 06 Feb 2008 12:42:29 GMT
2008/2/6, Oleg Gorobets <oleg.goro@gmail.com>:
> I guess we can start without "attribute type" and simply implement the
> configurable renderer, which receive a String (defining the value of
> attribute) and current attribute context.

+1. Notice that the attribute value is an Object, though it is a
string most of the time.

> Later it can be extended with the attribute  type.

At this point the concept of "attribute type" can be dropped, in
favour of the attribute renderer: in fact, the attribute type is used
only to render it correctly.

> I'll try to help with this, but I'm not so familiar with
> the existing design... I'll look into it if I find with the solution I'll
> share it with you.

Thanks :-) Feel free to attach your (eventual) work in TILES-190 or in
TILES-247, dependending on where it is appropriate.

Ciao
Antonio