tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Greg Reddin" <gred...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Tiles 2.1.0 new features plan
Date Wed, 27 Feb 2008 16:01:56 GMT
On Tue, Feb 26, 2008 at 1:17 PM, Antonio Petrelli
<antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:

>  1. Cascaded attributes: with a flag, the attributes in a definition
>  can be used by all the nested definitions/templates (implemented).

I was about to ask a stupid question when I realized you said "nested"
definitions/templates not "inherited" definitions/templates.
Attributes already cascade to inherited definitions don't they?

>  2. Attribute renderers: the rendering should not be based on a type,
>  but on a renderer. Therefore there should be a renderer for a string,
>  a template and a definition (implemented).

I just looked at this code. Very nice :-)

>  3. Nested definitions: a definition can have an attribute whose value
>  is a nested definition, valid only inside the definition itself (I am
>  implementing it).

+1. I think I've seen requests for this kind of behavior on several occasions.

>  4. EL support: attributes can load their values using EL expressions.

Very big +1 :-)

>  5. Refactoring of Tiles objects to allow pure-Java configuration.
>  6. DB-based definitions factory: for those who need a memory-efficient
>  definitions factory that loads only needed definitions.

+1 for both of the above. On the DB factory, do you have any thoughts
as to how to configure that? IOW, would you go with JPA, straight
JDBC, or what?

Sorry I haven't checked, but did you create a svn branch for 2_0
before making these changes? If not I think that would be a very good
idea in case we need to release a 2.0.6.

Thanks,
Greg