tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Adding Tiles2 support to tomahawk
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2007 07:08:23 GMT
2007/9/18, Stephen More <stephen.more@gmail.com>:

> I saw that tomahawk had support for tiles1 only.
>
> I hacked together a patch to get support for tiles2 (
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TOMAHAWK-1115 ).
>
> It is working with the myfaces-example-tiles.war with one small problem:
>
> When it renders the nested tiles page, "Apache" and "MyFaces" exist
> outside the table.
>
> Could this be a bug in my JspTiles2ViewHandlerImpl.java or does this
> bug exist somewhere in tiles2 ?

I've seen the code that you attached to the issue, and I noticed that you
use "ServletTilesRequestContext": it is essentially wrong, since you need to
use JspTilesRequestContext (that makes use of PageContext and JspWriter).
Moreover, I notice that you are using "
BasicTilesContainer.getDefinitionsFactory" instead of delegating the
rendering to the container. Why did you do this? (Notice that it is not an
"accusation" it is simply a question because maybe there is need for a bit
of refactoring of Tiles).

Antonio