tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing License headers in 2.0.2 release
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:08:59 GMT
On 3/30/07, Antonio Petrelli <antonio.petrelli@gmail.com> wrote:

> I solved some problems that I noticed only during the release of
> 2.0.2. From my POV the "new tag" approach is the best (I am making the
> release, so it is in my interest :-) ) but I am open to comments.

+1 for moving to 2.0.3.

Tiles 2.0.2 exists now, there's a tag and jars have been deployed to a
staging repository [1].

I don't like the practice of re-tagging over and over, there's too
much chance of "different" versions of 2.0.2 escaping into the wild,
which could make user support difficult.  (Which 2.0.2 are you using?)

Skipping a version number is a non-issue to me... it happens at Tomcat
and no one even blinks.

[1] When you stage the release, please move 'm2-staging-repository'
out of the way, for example to
people.a.o/builds/tiles/2.0.2/m2-staging-repository.  Where it is now,
you risk mixing two staged versions if you forget to clear it out.  In
this case, just delete it because 2.0.2 isn't going anywhere.

--
Wendy