tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Removing JSP dependencies (TILES-114)
Date Tue, 20 Feb 2007 14:37:46 GMT
Hi!
I have filed a JIRA issue about the removal of JSP dependencies and,
following David's suggestion, I am starting a thread about find a good
approach to solve this issue.
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-114

Thinking out a bit I think that we may:

* create "TilesPageContext" class, extending from
"TilesRequestContext", plus a "getPageScope" method.

* create a "TilesPageContextFactory" that creates a TilesPageContext
from an object (in the case of JSP it is a PageContext).
The two factories should be separated because TilesContextFactory
creates contexts from the "controller" technology (servlet, portlet,
etc.), while TilesPageContextFactory creates it from "view" technology
(JSP, FreeMarker...).
This is OK for JSP, but maybe for Velocity and FreeMarker it is a
problem, since I suppose that a "Velocity PageContext" is made of a
context for velocity plus request plus response (the same for
FreeMarker). I suppose that varargs is not a viable choice.

* Replace the type "Object" instead of PageContext in API.

Thoughts?

Ciao
Antonio