tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "Antonio Petrelli" <antonio.petre...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: svn commit: r503628 - in /tiles/framework/trunk: tiles-api/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/TilesContainer.java tiles-core/src/main/java/org/apache/tiles/impl/BasicTilesContainer.java
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:28:53 GMT
2007/2/5, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org>:
> Antonio,
>
> I'm starting to get a *little* concerned that our container interface is
> becoming more verbose than it needs to be.  Can you explain the use case
> for the additions below and why we can't just add attributes to the
> existing context?

The answer is almost completely here:
http://issues.apache.org/struts/browse/TILES-96
If you put an attribute using <tiles:putAttribute> every attribute
with the same name will be overridden, instead of working only inside
their parent tag.
I think that the methods without the ComponentContext parameters are
of no use (at least they are not used inside JSP tags).
I added a new test link in the test webapp ("Test Insert Configured
Definition with an overridden content and one with original content").

Antonio