tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Tiles 2.0.0 Test Build Available
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 21:39:34 GMT

Wendy Smoak wrote:
> On 2/6/07, David H. DeWolf <ddewolf@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> The test build of Tiles 2.0.0 has been tagged and is now available.
>
> Can we rename the tag to tiles-2.0.0?  It must have defaulted to
> tiles-parent-2.0.0, which makes it sound like it's just the parent
> pom.  It confused me for a moment or two, at least...

That's exactly what I did, choose the default location. I've added a
note in the release plan for future reference to override it when prompted.

> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/tiles/framework/tags/
>
>>      Maven 2 staging repository:
>>
>>          * http://people.apache.org/builds/tiles/m2-staging-repository/
>
> I fixed it on the wiki page; the intent with staging is to have a
> separate directory for each build.  Right after it gets deployed, it
> can be moved out of the way, for example into
> builds/tiles/2.0.0/m2-staging-repository.

Makes sense.  Is the idea behind that so people don't get used to using
it as a real repository?  I've added a note to the release plan for this
as well.

> This one is fine for now, no other releases are imminent. :)

:)

> ... and I'm still keeping an eye on Maven for the "real" release
> staging and repository merging stuff that we started talking about
> last Fall.

That would be very nice.  Thanks for taking a look!