tiles-dev mailing list archives

From "David H. DeWolf" <ddew...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Problems building the showcase app
Date Fri, 26 Jan 2007 13:44:36 GMT

Antonio Petrelli wrote:
> Sorry for being late, but I was moving on the other side of Italy, and
> still I don't have at home (I should have it this evening though :-)
> ), and the network at work is pretty sealed.

Hopefully by now I can say welcome home :)

> I have signed in in dev@tiles.apache.org just now, so be kind of this
> not-so-correct reply.

Just curious, was my assessment about the reason we're depending on the
snapshot correct?  Other than that, I think we're on the same page, but
see below.

> David wrote:
> <snip>
> I believe that the 1.3.6-SNAPSHOT is the first version with the
> struts1-tiles2 integration work that Antonio has been working.  That's
> the reason for the snapshot. . .Antonio will know for sure, I'm sure
> he'll chime in here soon.
>
> Until he chimes in, removing the showcase from the framework build will
> at least allow tiles to build cleanly.  Sounds like those that have
> chimed in so far agree with that approach, so if no one does it tonight,
> I'll tackle it in the morning.
> </snip>
>
> What I wanted to do is, first of all, make the showcase webapp work.
> For now it will depend on Struts 1 and its wannabe Struts1-Tiles2
> integration plugin/module.

I think there's general agreement that even once the showcase settles
down it's ok to show off how tiles can be integrated with other
frameworks and thus have dependencies on other frameworks.

> This module has not been added to its parent pom yet.
> I think that moving it in the sandbox could be a good step, but I hope
> that it should be ready for the Tiles 2 GA release.

I don't think we need to jump that far (sandbox).

The catch is that some of us want to ensure that these dependencies
aren't a part of the core framework build, but are instead in a totally
separate (but releasable) location (/samples for instance).