tika-dev mailing list archives

From Nick Burch <apa...@gagravarr.org>
Subject Re: AutoDetectParser not picking up custom parser
Date Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:47:45 GMT
On Mon, 6 Aug 2012, 122jxgcn wrote:
>> Did you make sure both your parser and the service file are on the
>> classpath? If you miss one or both then your new parser won't be loaded
>
> I'm sorry but can you be more specific?
> I'm not sure what do you mean by service file.

The step is described here:
    http://tika.apache.org/1.2/parser_guide.html#List_the_new_parser

You basically need to create a file with a specific name, and put the
class name of your parser in it. Tika loads all the instances of files
with that name on the classpath, and processes them to get the parsers to
load.

> Also, my custom parser is not a jar, it's just a java file like every
> other default parsers, so I'm not sure what do you mean by adding parser
> and the service file to the classpath.

If it's not on the classpath, then Java can't find it to use it!

Nick