tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TIKA-431 and CONTENT_ENCODING
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2012 00:44:10 GMT
Hi,

On Thu, Aug 9, 2012 at 10:56 PM, Ken Krugler
<kkrugler_lists@transpac.com> wrote:
> You made a note in Changes.txt that this was deprecated, so I'm assuming that you
> think we should hold off on fixing the abuse of CONTENT_ENCODING until after the
> 1.2 release, right?

Right, there might still be clients out there that expect this
information to be present as CONTENT_ENCODING.

In fact, unless the abuse of that field is actively harmful (i.e.
clients need to add extra workarounds to clean up the metadata), I'd
keep the field in place all the way until Tika 2.0.

BR,

Jukka Zitting