tika-dev mailing list archives

From 122jxgcn <ywpar...@gmail.com>
Subject How can I let Tika know the resource name?
Date Mon, 13 Aug 2012 11:31:30 GMT
Hello,

I'm using Solr's ExtractingRequestHandler to let Tika know the name of the
file when indexing.
I'm currently sending HTTP request something like

/update/extract?stream.file=#{filepath}&literal.id=#{filepath}&resource.name=#{resource_name}&commit=true

Will setting the resource.name variable let Tika know the name of the file
so that it can determine Metadata of the file properly?
(for example resource_name = "file.custom" then in Tika,
Metadata.RESOURCE_NAME_KEY becomes "file.custom")
I'm not sure how can I test this so I'm confused.

Thank you.