tika-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Jukka Zitting (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Commented: (TIKA-522) AutoDetectParser treats HTML/XML files as Audio
Date Tue, 05 Oct 2010 20:04:33 GMT

    [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-522?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel&focusedCommentId=12918143#action_12918143
] 

Jukka Zitting commented on TIKA-522:
------------------------------------

This sounds like a duplicate of TIKA-417. Can you check if the problem still occurs with the
latest snapshot build from trunk?

> AutoDetectParser treats HTML/XML files as Audio
> -----------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: TIKA-522
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-522
>             Project: Tika
>          Issue Type: Bug
>          Components: parser
>    Affects Versions: 0.7
>         Environment: WIndows 7 x64, java v6.0.170.4, jdk1.6.0_21, Eclipse 20100617-1415
>            Reporter: Dennis Adler
>            Assignee: Ken Krugler
>
> I am crawling an SMB share. I've used the steps outlined in Tika samples to initialize;
given a File object in f, my code is:
> 	parser = new AutoDetectParser();
> 	context.set(Parser.class, parser);
> 	// Get the URL
> 	URL url = f.toURI().toURL();
> 	// Extract Metadata
> 	Metadata metadata = new Metadata();
> 	BodyContentHandler handler = new BodyContentHandler(-1);	// -1 = infinite size for XML
string buffer (per file)
> 	// Get the input stream
> 	InputStream input = MetadataHelper.getInputStream(url, metadata);
> 	// Parse the document
> 	parser.parse(input, handler, metadata, context);
> If I place a breakpoint right after the parser.parse invoke, I find the metadata calling
my input out as an Audio file. If I try to debug the parse steps, it correctly tags it as
Text/HTML. Seems like a timing-related problem.
> I have a half-baked workaround: I invoke Thread.sleep(5000) just after the context.set
invoke... in 3 sequential test runs that works fine. Problem is, this was working fine several
days ago without that (perhaps my computer was busy with other things and the timing issue
did not pop up then).
> I have downloade and am building today's 0.8 from svn to see if that helps, though I
am concerned about the impacts to the rest of my testing if I have to swtich to 0.8. Just
understanding what was going on would be a huge help :)
> * UPDATE * I was able to repro this once under the debugger. MimeTypes.detect invokes
org.apache.tika.mime.MimeTypes.getMimeType on the input stream to determine the Mime Type
based on the first 8k of data. I did not trace into getMimeType, but did see it return "audio/mpeg"
on an HTML file one time, and "text/html" most others. I can supply the HTML file if desired.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


Mime
View raw message