tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build with Maven. OutOfMemoryError
Date Mon, 12 Apr 2010 12:02:09 GMT
Hi,

2010/4/12 Николай Ижиков <nizhikov@gmail.com>:
> [INFO] [bundle:bundle {execution: default-bundle}]

Building the tika-app bundle requires quite a bit of memory (about
150MB on my system), so if you get this error then increasing the
maximum memory with MAVEN_OPTS should help. The following works for
me:

     $ MAVEN_OPTS=-Xmx256m mvn clean install

> MAVEN_OPTS=-Xdebug -Xnoagent -Djava.compiler=NONE
> -Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=8000 -Xmx2048M

The -Xmx setting here should be plenty enough, but why are you
connecting the Maven build to a debugger? See [1] for the recommended
way of attaching a debugger to the test suite of a Maven build.

[1] http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-surefire-plugin/examples/debugging.html

BR,

Jukka Zitting