tika-dev mailing list archives

From Antoni Mylka <antoni.my...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Missing poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6.jar in tika-bundle
Date Thu, 15 Apr 2010 10:12:38 GMT
W dniu 2010-04-14 15:42, Jukka Zitting pisze:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Apr 13, 2010 at 3:51 PM, Timo Boehme<timo.boehme@ontochem.com>  wrote:
>> After building tika 0.7 using maven I found that library
>> poi-ooxml-schemas-3.6.jar was not included in tika-bundle leading to
>> IOException with root cause ClassNotFoundException while processing
>> OOXML files.
>
> Unfortunately the list of dependencies to embed in the bundle got
> outdated for the 0.7 release. I've fixed that now in Tika trunk, see
> TIKA-409 [1]. You should be able to patch the 0.7 sources by replacing
> "ooxml-schemas" with "poi-ooxml-schemas" in tika-bundle/pom.xml.
>
> [1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TIKA-409

We (Aperture) have gone through many problems of this kind. Spring OSGI
unit testing framework [1] was a solution for us. It can check if the
generated bundle starts at all, and when it starts you can invoke some
functionality via osgi to hunt for ClassNotFoundErrors or weird
ClassCastExceptions. You might consider it.

Antoni Myłka
antoni.mylka@gmail.com

[1]
http://static.springsource.org/osgi/docs/1.2.1/reference/html/testing.html