tika-dev mailing list archives

From Jukka Zitting <jukka.zitt...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Use repository.apache.org for deployment
Date Tue, 11 Aug 2009 20:08:39 GMT
Hi,

On Wed, Aug 5, 2009 at 11:08 PM, Mattmann, Chris A
(388J)<chris.a.mattmann@jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:
> +1, but I'll need some hand-holding if I do the RM duties again! :)

No problem, I've used the repository.apache.org server now for a few
Jackrabbit releases and it's dead simple. Basically, once we've set up
the POMs for this, the process to do a release is:

1. mvn release:prepare (sanity checks, sets POM version numbers, tags
the sources, etc.)
2. mvn release:perform (checks out the tagged release, mvn deploy's to
repository.apache.org)
3. go to https://repository.apache.org/ and "Close" the new staged repository
4. export, package and sign the tagged sources from above
5. call the release vote

If we wanted, we could probably automate step 4 and make it run
automatically as a part of step 2.

Once the release vote passes, the steps to publish the artifacts are:

1. go to https://repository.apache.org/ and "Promote" the staged repository
2. copy the source archive to /www/www.apache.org/dist/lucene/tika
3. update Tika web site

In summary a lot less manual tweaking (version numbers, tags, staged
repositories, etc.) is needed.

BR,

Jukka Zitting