tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Mattmann, Chris A" <chris.a.mattm...@jpl.nasa.gov>
Subject Re: Tika 0.2 Release
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2008 21:48:59 GMT
Hi Guys,

On 12/2/08 1:41 PM, "Jukka Zitting" <jukka.zitting@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> On Sun, Nov 30, 2008 at 11:07 PM, Dave Meikle <loompa@gmail.com> wrote:
>> I think we should probably release the current trunk given the improvement
>> to provide Java 1.4 support. I would be inclined to release this as 0.2
>> given we haven't released anything so far.
> OK, that's fine by me.

>> One thing about the naming of the release artefacts - whilst we can simply
>> use the apache-tika name for the source JAR or tarball, given that the
>> binary file is the result of a maven build the name will be tika-0.2.jar.
> I think that's fine. Having "apache" in the package name is nice but
> not really necessary. I'd just leave the binary file names as is.

+1. I think that it's important to stay consistent with the naming, and
since we released the original incubating src as "
apache-tika-0.1-incubating-src.tar.gz", I think we should do something
similar e.g., apache-tika-0.2-src.tar.gz. However, the jar file for
0.1-incubating was named tika-0.1-incubating.jar, so let's stay the same
with 0.2, e.g., tika-0.2.jar. So, long story short, +1 from me too.

> BR,
> Jukka Zitting

Chris Mattmann, Ph.D.
Senior Computer Scientist