tika-dev mailing list archives

From "Bertrand Delacretaz" <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Graduating Tika?
Date Sat, 06 Sep 2008 08:31:32 GMT
Hi,

First of all I'm sorry that I haven't been active in Tika lately -
other committments have been eating my Copious Free Time ;-)

To the point: how about graduating Tika soon?

Although the community is small, it is diverse and things are happening.

I don't think the community will become much larger, Tika is one of
those small but useful projects that is also relatively easy to grasp
if people want to help.

Having a small team of core developers is good enough, as long as they
are accepting external contributions, and that's currently happening.

So, IMHO, Tika would be ready to graduate soon, either as a top-level
project or under Lucene or Jackrabbit.

-Bertrand