tika-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Wechner <michael.wech...@wyona.com>
Subject Re: Graduating Tika?
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2008 07:23:01 GMT
Bertrand Delacretaz schrieb:
> On Thu, Sep 11, 2008 at 10:58 PM, Thorsten Scherler <thorsten@apache.org> wrote:
>

>> ...One big thing I am missing is documentation. I mean if we plan to leave
>> incubation we need some documentation. I know there is the javadocs but
>> that is not enough....
>>

> I disagree, having good documentation is IMHO not a requirement for
> exiting incubation.

well, AFAIK there is no documentation at all at the moment, or at least
I haven't found anything on the Tika website,
 but there is for example

http://jukkaz.wordpress.com/2007/11/16/presenting-apache-tika/

and I agree with Thorsten that there should be at least some minimal
documentation or pointers to documentation
> That would be impossible to judge anyway, as some people are perfectly
> happy with readable test cases (I am) while others require a bound
> book ;-)

I would say one can at least differentiate between nothing and something ;-)

Cheers

Michael